Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Icicles



My love filled you 
Soothed you held you
But so quickly you would forget 
Kisses hugs gentle words sad words 
begging pleading crying 
Trying to love the violence out of you..
You said over and over 
It is done - last time
Love is it 
All we need 
It was the master plan to healing all things..
all things but you 
Oh how I wanted to believe 
You've wrung me dry
Hung me out and watched me die 
Each hurt hitting so hard 
So forceful - I couldn't get up..
This is the day 
You're on your own 
What will you do without your punching bag
Icicles now fall from my eyes 
My love turning cold turning to hate..
Take a look inside of me now
Where is she 
That girl who gave you her heart
With a love so pure
It rocked your world
You won't leave her be 
Can't set her free 
You just didn't see 
The congealing of her heart

No comments:

Post a Comment