Sunday, February 14, 2016

Crumbs



Crumbling 
Grasping onto the pieces of us
as the crevice widens
memories seep through as I hang onto each morsel of love breaking away
We slip to the ground splattering everywhere..
I want to keep you
Down on my knees 
collecting the portions 
Love isn't done with us
we are just fragmented 
scraps of love here & there..
I sit alone in the middle of it all 
My heart yearning 
Uncertain of it all
Feeling it in my heart 
Feeling it in my soul
When it's sad it is so sad..
so empty 
somehow my words are silent to you 
The sting of silence crumbling  my heart 
as they echo off the walls and disintegrate back into me..
But when it's right 
it is so right 
I'll stand in the gap 
I'll carry the burden
My hands cupped 
Reaching out 
catching all the crumbs..
Until we are whole again




No comments:

Post a Comment