Friday, June 8, 2018

I’ll never forget...

I’ll never forget...



sorrow
despair, grief
Melancholy woes,
such sadness has invaded my soul 
I cannot see through it 
I’m no longer whole
I am numb 
my mind has come undone..
I no longer feel
it’s all so unreal..
someone wake me
Shake me from this grief that has caused me to lose myself..
feet moving, arms hugging,
eyes wearily watching life that somehow keeps living..
sounds I don’t recognize escaping my mouth..
It is in the real - the now
So afraid of forgetting you 
and somehow so afraid I’ll never be able to let you go..
Words we spoke 
Plans we made..
a bonding of our hearts 
words filling me with hope..
I’ll continue to dream 
I’ll never let them die
I’ll release them to the sky..
realizing 
I can love you and still say goodbye..


No comments:

Post a Comment