Monday, June 18, 2018

Believe in..

Believe in...


Trust..
it’s a simple word 
yielding so much power..
It renders us fragile..
Misconstrued 
Misunderstandings
first casualty of any relationship..
It’s a slippery slope..
so many meanings to each person..
Who defines what it is..
We all know what “trust” is supposed to mean..
But life gives it our own meaning  - 
shaping and forming us in ways not expected..
trust takes on a life of its’ own filling in the gaps and holes of our soul 
So that we might feel whole..
We smile and carry on
talking ever so loudly with nothing to say
hoping it covers what’s hidden inside..
tethered and beaten 
exhausted and worn
no more taping up all the torn 
Still I will love 
Still I will trust 
For I am not a victim of all that life thrusts..
I’ll throw you my rope 
there you’ll find hope 
as we twist and turn on this slippery slope..
open your heart 
Let me inside
we will be strong
for there’s nothing to hide..




No comments:

Post a Comment