Monday, March 19, 2018

Immortal Us

 

Selective thoughts
forget me not..
memory loss - if it isn’t you and I carrying the cross
the gap too wide to fill - my life silently still..
We sit between chaos and peace  
a rare gift are the
moments we share to keep
the chaos spreading us here & there
Splitting us into pieces we can’t bear..
Yet the peace we share is beyond compare..
There is a deficit in my heart - one that shortchanges me if we are too far apart 
you alone are my home..
Some share love that reads like a poem-
then there are those that play out like an episode 
while others could fill a chapter..
Ours would be a book that continues through the ages
criss crossing all the stages as it gauges the wonder of us..
maybe I’m biased -maybe I’m skewed
But the chant of my heart determines the slant
There’s good, there’s bad and much to be had 
But only the good remains..


No comments:

Post a Comment