Friday, May 20, 2016

Raise Your Glass



Crushing to watch it disappear
evaporating into thin air as if it never was..
Oh how I had pictured our moments.. 
One after the other 
never ending..
A love that would finally get the time to be.. to share, to grow, absorbing each other until our breath was one..
We'd only just begun before it was done 
I imagined a slowing of time 
Staying put awhile 
It was not to be
Couldn't keep you still 
We were Beautiful..
why does this darkness feel like it has covered us in filth 
overshadowing the light that lit my way 
You made all my crooked paths straight 
With purpose.. meaning..
So hard to breathe now 
This chokehold will never release me 
I don't wish to be 
Your ghost I want to always see
Human fingerprints permanent stains 
leaving their marks of love all around 
When the sun goes down on us and there's no turning back 
I hope you raise your glass to all that was and your heart is set free
Should you turn around and reach for me
I'll always be a breath away from wherever you will be..


No comments:

Post a Comment